We recently wrote a tutorial for posting blank facebook status updates, and everyone wanted to know “How can I post a blank comment?”. So, now we’re doing a followup tutorial on that.
Unlike the status update, Facebook doesn’t directly allow blank comments, so we have to use a little workaround. Right now this is only for PCs, but we’ll update this as soon as we have a Mac solution.
What we’re going to do is essentially create a blank character not classified as a space, which allows you to hit send without any words.
Steps to the facebook comment space:
- Find a place you’d like to comment.
- Press the num lock button on your keyboard. It’s normally in the upper left-hand corner of your num pad.
- Hold down your computer’s alt key, and listen closely on this next step.
- While holding the alt key, type in the number 0173 using your num pad. If you use the regular numbers, IT WON’T WORK. So do it right.
- Hit enter, submit your comment, and you’ve got a completely white comment. You can add as many lines as you’d like by simply repeating the steps with a combo shift-enter in between to add lines.
Enjoy responsibly. Speaking of comments, leave a comment below this post. And help us out by sharing this with all your friends, or at least liking/tweeting this.